- The Online Academy is a trading name of SafeICT Consultancy Ltd. Company Number 8224311. Contact via telephone (01522 253088) or email ([email protected]).
- We only collect name and email address for persons/organizations to take courses on the site.
- The system also collects technical information such as IP address, browser type etc. purely for technical support reasons.
- We may use your name and email address to contact you with important updates, or to inform you of a new course.
- We do not sell or give your data to anybody else for any reason.
- We do not spam.
- When your course subscription runs out (normally 365 days) and you do not renew, your details will be deleted from the site.
This policy sets out how The Online Academy will treat information we learn about you when you visit our website.
What information do we currently collect or may collect in the future?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use the Website:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Website including your computer’s IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, number of page views and navigation around our Website. However, such information is collected anonymously and NOT linked to information that identifies you as an individual.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and The Online Academy, including information relating to any payments you may make for services (such as payments for courses). Credit card data will be gathered using SSL encryption technology.
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded onto a user’s computer (or device) when they visit a particular website. Each time the user visits that website it checks to see if the relevant file is on the user’s computer and uses the information to improve the user’s experience.
- it recognises that the user has been to that website before.
- it can remember log in details that the user entered so that the user does not need to log into every page.
- it tracks which pages the user visits.
- it remembers items a user has added to a shopping cart
- Some commercial websites embed advertising material into their websites, which are served by third-party sites. These adverts also store a cookie on the user’s machine.
The Website uses both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We use session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the Website. We use persistent cookies to enable our Website to recognise you when you visit and login to view secure content.
The Online Academy uses an analytical tool provided by Google Analytics in order to collect standard information about how visitors use the website. This information is transmitted to and may be stored by Google on their servers around the world.
Google uses this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our site and compiling reports for us on general website activity. This enables us to determine the more important or sought after information on our website in order to make this information more accessible to our users. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Google Inc. are also members of the US Safe Harbor Scheme. Companies that sign up to this scheme are deemed to provide adequate protection for personal data which has been transmitted to them from Europe, but they may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
The Online Academy also uses a cookie to store any required log in information, but this is only stored while the user is on the website so that the user does not need to log into every page.
Any personal information sent to us via the website using forms such as contact details are not shared with any person or organization.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
The Website may contain content from third party websites, such as embedded Flickr photo slideshows and YouTube videos, and Twitter “Tweet” and Facebook “Like” buttons. These services may store third party session or persistent cookies on your computer.
Browsers will generally by default accept cookies, but most will allow you to change the browser settings to reject some or all cookies. If you choose not to receive the Website or third party cookies, your experience with our Website may well not be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies, and some parts of the Website may not work at all.
How do I control cookies on my computer?
You can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to block Google Analytics on all websites, or you can configure your browser to block cookies. Each internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.) is different but the ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how to do this
Using your personal information
In particular, by using the Website and submitting your personal information to it you acknowledge and agree that we may use your personal information obtained via forms and/or cookies to:
- administer the Website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the Website and using cookies which remember your preferences;
- enable your use of the services available on the Website;
- send to you goods and or, supply to you services purchased via the Website;
- collect payments from you;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website.
Communication with you
We may use your contact details to communicate with you for the purposes set out above, and to inform you of important changes to our services.
We may need to disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information; and
(e) as is otherwise reasonably necessary for the operation of the Website.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide to us via the Website on our secure servers.
All electronic transactions containing credit card details you make to us through the Website will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot fully guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential if these are issued to you. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the Website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
We will endeavour to respond to such requests as soon as is reasonably practical and in any event, within the statutory time limits.
Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity, and we may charge an administration fee of up to £10.00 for providing this information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The Website contains links to other websites; we cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
If the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated please let us know via email to [email protected]